Thursday, October 8, 2009

If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards

Okay, not really.

I'm not ashamed to admit that these last couple of days have been challenging for me in terms of "the Challenge". Tuesdays through Thursdays are just chaotic. It's difficult to remember where I'm supposed to be at any given time, let alone remember to do my four things. I've been a little negligent in the 15 minute walks and the four glasses of water. However, I have been doing pretty well on reducing my portions and I still have not had a McDouble since this whole thing began.

I realized too why I eat. Rarely, it's because I'm hungry. Usually, I eat because it's there, I'm happy, I'm sad, I'm nervous, I'm bored, it looks or smells good, it's time, blah, blah, blah. But not because I'm hungry. That is starting to change. I find that I'm asking myself "Do I need this? Am I hungry?" If the answer is "no", then I put the food down. SCORE!

So the challenge continues. So far, I think I'm in the lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment