Thursday, August 18, 2011

It's not fair

I lost 15 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks. Yep. 15 pounds. When I crossed the 10 pound mark, I knew that I was finally going to do it. I found the thing that works! I was finally going to lose the weight!

I've been trying to lose the weight my entire adult life. Weight Watchers. Jenny Craig. Richard Simmons. Total Body Makeover. Atkins. Exercise DVDs. Yoga. Health club memberships. Walking. Eating less. Drinking water. Nothing I did took off the weight.

Finally, I decided to work with a doctor and was seeing amazing results. I had hope!

Now, I have high blood pressure. One of the things I was trying to avoid by losing the weight. Ironic, isn't it? It's one of the side effects of the medication. And now I can't take it.

I did this to live longer, to be healthier, to be pretty again. It's not fair. It's just not fair.

Honey, where are the brownies?

No comments:

Post a Comment