Monday, December 3, 2012

15 pounds less of me

I love surprises.  Good ones, any way.  This morning, I was completely surprised to look down at the scale and see that I've lost 15 pounds!

The jeans are fitting a little better and I'm not as huffy and puffy when I get to the top of the stairs at work.  Definitely improvements.  But 15 pounds since October 27th is pretty darn good, I say.

One of the most effective tools I'm using is Livestrong's MyPlate calorie tracker.  Since it's web-based, you can access it on your laptop or mobile device and track how many calories you consume, how much water  you drink and how many calories you burn throughout the day. There are thousands of food items in their data base, all with complete nutritional breakdowns. For iPhone users, I recommend spending $2.99 for the full version. 

Steve has been particularly supportive by making sure that I have food  items that are low-calorie/high energy available to me.  One of my favorite things that he's found is Town House Flipsides Cheddar Crackers.  Five tasty crackers only have 70 calories!  The boys love them too.

Still have a long way to go, but I'm encouraged.

On to the next five!


No comments:

Post a Comment