Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I can feel my face!

I've lost 20 pounds!!  I'm starting to feel it in my face, which is a strong indicator for me.  I can actually feel my jawbone and that's BIG progress. I know I've said that I'm not setting a weight goal, but I've changed my mind.  I want to get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight...from my first child 16 years ago.  When I reach that, I'll have lost a total of 85 pounds.  It will take time, but it's on my radar and I know I'll get there.

StrawberryI've found a new breakfast routine which I absolutely love. Every morning, I start out with Yoplait Strawberry Greek Yogurt.  Honestly, I have no idea what makes it "Greek", but it tastes yummy, keeps my energy level high and my mind feeling balanced.  If I do start to feel a little hungry late in the morning, I grab a string cheese.  Fun to eat and loads of calcium.  Total consumption for the morning is 240 delicious and high energy calories.

Christmas is seven days away and I'm pretty confident I can maintain my weight as it is.  I'm hopeful that I will lose a couple of more pounds before the end of year.

On a side note, I work with a youth service organization in Northwest Indiana.  Last night, a friend of mine was appearing as Santa at one of our facilities and gave the kids a chance to tell Santa what they want for Christmas.  Lots of kids asked for the latest hand-held game system, puppies and toys.  One little girl asked Santa for a bed for Christmas.  My friend told her  "Santa can't bring you a bed.  Is there toy you would like to have?" "No," she said, "I just want a bed to sleep on."

Be merry. Be grateful. Think of others. Give love.

Merry Christmas.


No comments:

Post a Comment